Rock Paper Uno!
Rock, Paper, Uno!
What is it?
It's a card-fighting game using the rules of rock, paper, scissor and UNO! Where the goal of the game is to be the player with the least total cards in your deck + hand to win.
- This is mainly a "touch/click" game
- M: to open/close menu
- ESC: (PC Only) close app
How to Play
The game has two phases: Battle and Combo
During this phase you play a classic game classic game of Rock, Paper, Scissor:
- Rock beats scissor
- Paper beats rock
- Scissor beats paper
Say your hand looks like this:
You decide to go with "Rock" so you click on it to start the Battle. When you select your card the opponent chooses "scissor".
Going by the rules of RPS, you defeat the opponent's scissor and now enter into the "Combo" Phase.
Here is where UNO rules come into play in that you click on the card that is of the same type or color as the card on the center pile. You can click on as many cards as you want to combo with within a certain amount of time. If at anytime you choose wrong you drop your combo and end your turn.
Following the battle example and having selected the "Green Rock" you could create the following combo:
1 2 3 4
These cards combo because:
- Yellow Rock is the same "type" (rock) as the green rock you started with
- Yellow Paper is the same "color" (yellow) as the yellow rock
- Lastly Red Paper is the same "type" (paper) as the yellow paper
- Left Mouse Button or Tap to select/deselect your cards
- Graphics and Sound Effects: Michael P.
- Design/Programming: Nelson L.
- Announcer: Nelson L.
- Except for "Ultra"...that's Mike from Killer Instinct ;)
- Assets not made by me:
- Music is from the "Layered Rock Music Pack" Unity Asset Store
- Fonts from 1001fonts.com
|Platforms||Windows, Android, HTML5|
|Authors||ProdigalSon Games, Drums|
|Genre||Card Game, Strategy|
|Tags||2D, Casual, Cute, Mouse only, one-button, Short, Singleplayer, Unity|
- Download .zip file
- Extract the .zip file
- Click on the Rock Paper Uno .exe
- Windows will prompt you for permissions to run as it does not recognize me as a trusted developer.
- Click "trust" to play launch
Don't worry, I won't take offense if you scan it for virus first. I do that all the time with itch games I play :D
- Alpha 1.0.0Jan 18, 2022
- New Cover ArtFeb 04, 2021
- Game Mechanics ExplainedJan 31, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I really like the concept! It was super fun especially when I could get my combos off, although I think having slightly more time to select the next card to combo would be nice.
I also really like the card designs and sound effects ('Nani?' XD)
The game feels pretty polished and smooth. Awesome work!!
Edit: new favourite sound effect - "ULTRAAAAAA!"
Thanks for playing! I do have a roadmap where I want to add settings one of which allows the player to choose the battle speed so that you can increase how much time you have to create combos. :D
i already tried this game, and this is AWESOME!
and i want to write my impression:
what i like is
1. this game has sound effect and music
and i'm a bit surprised you choose a fight music XD
2. sound effect is good, not make me feel dizzy :D
and when i choose the wrong combo, game automatically reject the combo, so it will minimize the error
3. and ussualy, i don't really like Unity game because it's slow on my computer (yes, my leptop is potato XD)
but this game works fine, and i like it!
4. i laugh because Nani sfx XD
and my feedback is:
1. add main menu!
2. add tutorial inside game. because it's will make the game easy to understand
3. add Credits too! so people know who make it :D
4. and add fullscreen option
other than that, this game is really good. i never think this idea before and i'm glad someone make this game
thank you and keep creating!
thanks for playing and for your comments and feedback 😀 I have other projects in the work but I do have plans to update this one. It's in my backlog. Credits are currently on the itch.io page
you know, i interested in this game. i will play it! :D
Hi Kard Kardus, if you are still interested, I just uploaded a new version of this game. It is still in Alpha so some of the features are missing but graphics and gameplay have been uplifted. Thanks again for playing :D