Really clever puzzles, was a lot of fun to play!
In this puzzler, you play as a magnet that must attract and repel to move objects, clear threats, and activate switches to turn on the exit portal and complete the level.
- WASD / Arrow Keys: Move
- Left Mouse Button / Spacebar: Turn Magnet On/Off (toggle or hold/release)
- ESC/M: Open/Close Menu
- Nelson: Gameplay Engineer
- Michael: Designer and Audio
- Assets Pack: BitGem
- There is partial Gamepad support for controlling the magnet and opening/closing the menu but the menu navigation has not been properly setup
- The HTML version is a lower quality version for performance and support reasons. For the best experience play the PC version
- The Linux build is untested.
- Our sincerely apologies to Mac users, we are not currently setup to create this build.
* This game was originally made for the 2017 GMTK Game Jam
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||Jul 17, 2017|
|Authors||ProdigalSon Games, Drums|
|Tags||Controller, Game Maker's Toolkit Jam, Low-poly, magnets, one-hit-kill, puzzler, Short, Singleplayer, Top-Down, Unity|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Touchscreen|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Textless|
- Download the .zip file
- Unarchive .zip file
- Run the executable (altering the Data directory can corrupt the game)
- Game made with Unity3d Engine for PC
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I had fun with this one. The concept works very well. I played it a few months ago, and iirc I had a couple of bugs, and some levels were less fun than others (more backtracking ? Can't remember offhand), but overall a nice experience.
thanks for playing and for the feedback. This was our first game ever so we were definitely learning. (Still are of course)
I would like to revisit this one some day and give it the remastered treatment 😀
That's a very good puzzle game. However it has a few bugs. Since this is a three year old game, I'm asking if you want me to post more details about the bugs.
Hi Itap88. Thanks for playing our game and being willing to report bugs. We are always open to them as we have taught about remastering our older game jam games. :)
1. The magnet can get stuck inside a box if it comes on the crate's respawn tile a while before the box respawns. The first time, I could do nothing but restart. I reproduced the bug right before writing this and now the crate is gone and does not respawn. This time, it was harder to get stuck.
2. Those mine-like exploding things might act weirdly. When I played before, some of them could be attracted without explosion if the magnet was right next to them. After repeling, they started to fall below the floor and teleporting back up, causing an explosion when magnet went on that tile. This time, they acted almost normally except I've managed to repel them before explosion and the explosion occured but didn't reset the level. Both times, I did it at the start of level 11.
I'm actually not sure if it is something wrong with the game or my browser.
This game really Pulled me right in!
It's super Attractive and at $0, this game is a Steel!